The Fresno Pacific Idea affirms the university as a learning community that seeks to encourage its members … “ in a collaborative search for knowledge and experience which lend towards a perceptive and creative relationship with God, humanity, and the natural world…” As an extension of the educational mission of the Mennonite Brethren Church, the university affirms the authority of the Bible over all matters of faith and life. While Fresno Pacific University is a distinctly Christian institution, students do not have to be Christian to be admitted. Fresno Pacific University invites all who are committed to upholding the principles of respect, integrity and doing good in all situations, to be members of its community.
The common good of any community is accomplished through established standards and behavioral expectations. Fresno Pacific University bases its standards and expectations on it’s Community Life Values: Integrity, Respect and Stewardship.
By accepting the invitation to attend Fresno Pacific University, you become part of its community and agree to abide by and uphold the behavioral expectation encapsulated in the Community Life Values and Standards. Behavioral expectations that flow out of the values include, but are not limited to:
• Actions and attitudes that uphold Christian and campus values.
• Individuals are to adhere to the laws of the “state” – city, county, state and federal.
• Academic integrity – plagiarism, cheating, etc. are prohibited.
• Fresno Pacific is a drug, alcohol, tobacco and marijuana free environment. Possession, use or being under the influence of illegal drugs is prohibited on and off campus. Underage consumption and providing alcohol for underage students is prohibited at all times, both on and off campus.
• Scripture and the Confession of Faith of the U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (the university’s sponsoring denomination) affirm marriage as existing only between a man and a woman. Fresno Pacific acknowledges the legality of same-sex marriage. Physical intimacy is reserved for individuals within a marriage covenant. The following conduct is prohibited: cohabitation with a romantic partner outside of a marriage relationship, living together with a member(s) of the opposite sex outside of marriage, excessive displays of romantic affection on campus or at officially sponsored FPU events.
• Internet activities, entertainment choices or reading materials are to be consistent with Christian and campus values. Involvement with sexually explicit or suggestive materials – viewing, sending, possessing, etc., is prohibited.
• Behavior that is productive to the education environment and upholds and promotes the academic success of others.
• Respect for the rights and opinions of others and for all campus authorities.
• Individuals are to conduct themselves with kindness and self-control. Harassment, hazing, intimidation, verbal threats, threatening or reckless behavior and violence directed at others are prohibited.
• Care and respect for personal and university property.
• Possession or use of firearms, fireworks, explosives or weapons on campus is prohibited.
• Students whose behavior falls short of the declaration or intent of Fresno Pacific University’s Values and Behavioral Expectations will be referred to the restorative discipline process.
To complete your application, please indicate below stating that you have read, understand and agree to uphold the Fresno Pacific University’s Values and Behavioral Expectations as stated above and represented in the FPU Undergraduate Catalog and the Student Life Handbook